Thursday, March 28, 2013
I've been wanting to do one of these for quite some time now. I'm just gonna "Go For It" and see what happens! This swap will run each quarter. The first one beginning June 1st, 2013, September 2013, December 2013 and ending March, 2014.
To join: email me at email@example.com and let me know you want to participate in the June 1st swap. (No flakers!) If your going to commit, I expect you to see it through! It would not be fair to have flakers... So, with that said, once I recieve your email, and you get a response back from me that you're "In", GET TO CRAFTING! I'm going to start out small this first time around and open the swap to the first 11 people ( I will be #12) who respond via email. Listed below are the details.
1. For your main tag, please dont use anything smaller than the standard #8 shippping tags (6-1/4 x 3-1/8 approx). You can go larger if you would like. You can create any shape as long as you stay within the approximate measurements.
2. The back of the tag must be covered with paper etc. for a stronger tag. If you make your tag with chipboard, the tag does not need to be covered.
3. Create 12 tags. All 12 tags will be the same.
4. Send me all 12 tags. I will send one of your own back for a total of 12 tags you will be receiving. (11 from the others in the swap they have created).
5. Add your name, blog and or You Tube if you have one on the back of each tag. Add the State in which you live in. You can use mailing lables for this if you choose to the info can be put on a piece of paper or in a little pocket so long as its on the back of each tag.
What Can You Put On Your Tags?
Your tags must include at least 4 of the following: Lace, trims, ribbon (must be on the tag and not just through the hole at the top of the tag), charms, metal finishings, beads, something grungy or any type of technique, flowers and leaves, punch outs, die cuts, sentiments, bling, paint, stickles, patterned paers, decorated tape, buttons, die cuts from any die cutting system, computer images, stickpins, collage etc. You can even stamp an image on your tags. but they still must be decorated with at least four embellishments, or three embellishments and one technique. You can You Tube tag swaps and see many examples. The theme is up to you.
How Will The Tags Be Returned To You?
You will mail me all 12 tags you have completed. I will email you my mailing address before the due date of June 1st. You will also include with your tags $6.00. This will cover the postage to send all your "new" tags back to you via a legal sized flat rate envelope from the post office. This $6.00 includes a 70 cent fee for tracking packages I mail to you. I'm not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged pakages I receive from you or mail out to you. All tags from the swap will be sent out immediately after I received them from everyone. I'm hoping no later than the 5th of the month (June). Its important for everyone to mail them before the 1st. Should I receive them earlier, I'll be glad to mail them out earlier.
My good friend Paula, has participated in many of these swaps and she has received the most beautifual and creative tags back in return. I think its something that would be of great fun and low key scrapbooking that appeals to any level of scrapbooking or card making. The tags you will receive back can be used as gift tags, on scrapbook pages etc. I hope to grow the participation in the coming months and pull off a fun and successful swap. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. The most important thing is to not feel intimidated, have fun, be creative and most importanly receive in exchange for your dedication and craftiness, 11 other tags (and one of your own) for your personal enjoyment. Last but not least, please dont sign up if you dont feel you will be able to commit fully your participation. 11 other participants are dependng on you! Good Luck, Keep Calm and Craft On!